The Delivery Process – Our Vehicle
We will note the delivery postcode (please advise if it differs to your invoice address) & then schedule in the delivery. We let you know nearer to the time of delivery so don’t worry if you do not get a delivery date straight away. Once we have booked the delivery day we will contact you to advise on the day and a rough time slot. You MUST advise us if there are any issues with the date time or with access.
- Steps or stairs
- Gates and narrow doors
- Parking Restrictions
Please note the dimensions and ensure the machine will fit BEFORE committing to buy, as we reserve the right to retain the delivery charge on any failed delivery due to non disclosure or the item being too large.
We will not accept any liability for any injuries or damage caused if we have been asked to enter a private residence.
- Once we have booked the delivery in our system we will contact you in advance (1-2days before) to advise of the actual day and approximate time slot. You must advise us of your availability.
- we normally use small Luton type vans and you must ensure you are available to take delivery.
The Delivery Process – Pallet
Most of the points raised above apply plus:
- The vehicle might be larger (up to 28 tonne) and will have a tail-lift, 1 driver equipped with pallet truck.
- The driver will normally attempt to get the pallet as close as they can to where the machine is going to be situated, but this may mean in some cases it’s left on the kerbside if there is no driveway etc.
- The machine needs to be removed from the pallet cutting the pallet straps with scissors and then you may be able to give the driver the pallet back (if your quick) or may have to dispose of it yourself.
- Pallets can come anytime between 8am-6pm, so you should arrange to be in all day as they are generally unable to give advance notice on the day, unlike our own drivers can.
- The pallet network move items quickly, so its not a bespoke delivery service but a means to get it as close as we can to your doorstep.
- If we suggest sending on a pallet to you and this is NOT suitable PLEASE let us know. Again, failed deliveries may still be chargeable.